Website Federated Hermes
FEDERATED HERMES, INC.
Intermediary Compensation Specialist
Hybrid Location (office/remote)
Federated Hermes, Inc., a global leader in active, responsible investing, is seeking a Intermediary Compensation Specialist to join our Intermediary Compensation department based at our Warrendale, Pennsylvania office.
What You’ll Do
As an Intermediary Compensation Specialist, you will be responsible for the calculation, reconciliation, distribution and reporting of payments. You will also be responsible for collaboration with internal departments, vendors, as well as clients to research and resolve problems.
- Establish and maintain fee arrangements, reporting structures and distribution instructions on the various internal/external support applications in accordance with the applicable contractual document.
- Calculate manual payments in accordance with the applicable contractual document utilizing the appropriate applications and data sources.
- Reconcile invoices to the terms reflected in the applicable contractual document utilizing the appropriate applications and data sources and ensure that variances fall within approved thresholds and that those that do not are appropriately adjusted.
- Collaborate with departmental personnel, internal business areas, vendors, and clients, as applicable, to answer questions and to research and resolve issues.
- Prepare and disseminate reporting, scheduled and ad-hoc, to the appropriate internal/external parties.
- Conduct quality reviews of peer work product to proactively identify errors and omissions and ensure accuracy.
- Assess client and/or fund events, such as mergers, acquisitions, etc. to ensure applications and/or processes are adjusted as required.
- Develop, test and maintain ad-hoc support applications (such as Access databases and/or Excel spreadsheets) designed specifically to support a client’s individual fee arrangement and reporting needs.
- Collaborate with department personnel and management to propose and implement creative solutions to address operational challenges, on the development and on-going maintenance of policies, procedures and workflows and on the testing of enhancements to the support applications.
The position requires an employee to gain an in-depth knowledge of the Federated funds’ standard and supplemental compensation structures and the respective funding agents, its agreements with the intermediaries and the applications utilized to calculate, reconcile, and distribute the payments and reporting.
The Expertise We are Looking For
- Bachelor degree required; concentration in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or a related business field preferred
- 3 years of business experience providing operational support including accounts payable functions preferred
- Mutual fund/financial service experience and/or knowledge preferred
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office applications; advanced Excel skills preferred
Our Investment in You
We believe our employees are our most important asset! Therefore, we offer benefits programs designed to help you and your family thrive, training programs to advance your professional development and opportunities for you to give back to the community. Our offerings include:
- A competitive total compensation package, including bonus programs designed to recognize and incentivize our employees to do their best every day.
- Time off programs including paid vacation, parental leave and a volunteer day to help you stay healthy and connected to the things that are important.
- Opportunities to expand your professional network within the firm and the community through participation in programs such as the Women in Investing Employee Resource Business Group and the University Ambassador Program.
About Federated Hermes
At Federated Hermes, our goals are to help individuals invest and retire better, to help our clients achieve better risk-adjusted returns, and to contribute to the positive outcomes in the wider world. We pledge to always put our clients first and to act responsibly and transparently. Our commitment to active, responsible investment has enabled us to become a leading investment manager with $669B in assets under management, serving investors around the world.
We provide careers opportunities that have enabled our employees to grow and meet their career aspirations while balancing the needs of their personal lives. We offer a collaborative environment that promotes doing things the right way and always with integrity, sharing ideas to drive positive change, and following through on our commitments. We promote teamwork and foster a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace where unique perspectives, ideas and experiences are recognized and appreciated for the contributions they bring. Federated Hermes is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to the following criteria: race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, age, familial or marital status, ancestry, military status, veteran status or genetic information as well as any other prohibited criteria under any applicable local, state or federal law applicable to Federated Hermes. Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.
For additional information
About this opportunity please visit:
About Federated Hermes, Inc. go to: www.federatedhermes.com
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
To apply for this job please visit careers.federatedhermes.com.